Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Made in USA: L.L. Bean Rubber Mocs


Now that cold, wet weather is finally here, at least where we are in Middle Tennessee, it's time to talk about another top notch Made in USA sewn product: L.L. Bean's Rubber Mocs.

These shoes are a real surprise! They may actually be the most comfortable shoes I own thanks to their excellent arch support. And of course, in the Bean manner, they are expertly designed and crafted.

We had a good downpour recently after a long period of dry weather, so I had to get out in the yard before work and clear my drainage ditch of debris. Normally that would mean I get to work with shoes and socks about half drenched. Not this day. I pulled on the Rubber Mocs and arrived at work with feet dry and warm, raring to go in fine form for another day of serving the sewn products industry.

The sizes run larger than reality. I suppose if you want them to fit snugly you should order down a size, but I ordered my normal size and thus will have plenty of room for thick socks on those extry cold days.

And made in USA - that's just icing on the cake! Perhaps they'd make a good Christmas gift for someone on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment